Gualtieri  By

Gualtieri

This is a small jewel of Reggio’s low land, a town that reached the highest point of its evolution under the Bentivoglio family rule, from 1567 to 1634.

the family entrusted G.B. Aleotti, better known as “Argenta”, with the construction of a great square, with perfect proportions and harmonious porticos that welcomes visitors still today; only 1/4 of the greatness of Palazzo Bentivoglio – built by the same architect – stands on a side of Piazza Bentivoglio, hosting within the Antonio Ligabue Museum with works and documents about the Naïf artist, the Donazione Umberto Tirelli with splendid works by Balthus, Mazzacurati and Guttuso, and the beautifully frescoed Giants Room.